- About Us
- Children, Youth and Families
- Adult Ministries
- Adult Ministries News
- Membership Class
- Learning and Growing
- Spiritual Care
- Labyrinth Garden
- Serving Others
- Mission and Service News
- Local Community
- National and Global Community
- Travel Opportunities
- Kenya Partnership
- Alternative Christmas Market
Embracing God, welcoming others, knowing ourselves.
When you come through our door at First Congregational, you discover a diverse, open and welcoming community of Christians who gather throughout the week to join in small groups, programs, and events. First Congo hosts numerous activities for adults young and old, for children and youth, and for families. We grow in faith as we connect with each other. We support and guide each other intellectually, spiritually, physically and socially. And we rejoice in our mutual journey, sharing what we have gained through Christ's love with our friends and family, local community and even the world.
Groups, Programs and Events
Life at First Congo has much to offer. Opportunities fall into four broad categories:
- Adult Education: Educational opportunities where we learn about the Christian faith and its relevance in a multi-cultural world.
- Spiritual Formation: Small group ministry for faith formation. All groups include components of worship, fellowship, education, service and care for one another.
- Fellowship: Events and social gatherings where we come together to learn about each other and share in the joy of community.
- Support groups: Care and empowerment for people sharing a common life challenge or experience.
Care and Support
Members at First Congo also connect as a nurturing and affirming, Christ-centered community by sharing in the responsibility of spiritual care. We are especially concerned that people feel cared for and have someone to journey with them in faith, particularly during times of life transition and crisis. See our Spiritual Care page for the variety of ways in which you can take part.
The Whole Self
There are many ways to experience wellness. We are mindful of the whole self, offering information and opportunities for physical as well as spiritual well-being. Try walking our labyrinth as an active form of prayer, participating in a yoga or t'ai chi class, or joining us on an outdoor summer adventure. Our physical activities are accessible for adults at varying levels of ability.