Wednesdays, August 15-September 26
First Congregational UCC • Upper Lounge
9:30 AM-11:30 AM
Don’t let a fall injure more than your pride! Falling is very common. It can result in an injury and can shake your confidence. The threat of falling can be a barrier to safely doing all the things you want to do at home and in the community. That’s why preventing falls is critical to maintaining independence.
What is Stepping On? Stepping On is a program that has been researched and proven to reduce falls in older people. It consists of a workshop that meets for two hours a week for seven weeks. Workshops are led by a health professional and a peer leader- someone who, just like you, is concerned about falls. In addition, local guest experts provide information on exercise, vision, safety, and medications.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medications can contribute to falls
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home
Contact Nancy Krueger at email@example.com or 920-740-9572 regarding registration and more information. This is free to participate. Limited spots available, so sign up soon!