Three Family-to-Family Classes
This FREE 12-week course is for family members and friends (18 and older) of adults who live with mental illness. The class is taught by trained family members who have lived the experience. Many family members describe this program as “life changing.” Topics include:
- Family responses to the trauma of mental illness.
- Information on the major mental illnesses–depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and thought disorders.
- The biology of the brain and emerging scientific discoveries.
- Medication review, treatment strategies, and prospects for recovery.
- Improving communication, problem solving, and coping skills.
- How to manage problems, crisis, and relapse.
- Exploring community resources and services.
Meets Mondays, 6:00-8:30 PM at NAMI Fox Valley, September 10-November 19, 2018.
Meets Tuesdays, 6:00-8:30 PM at FVTC, Waupaca Regional Center, Room WAP111, September 11-November 20, 2018.
Meets Wednesdays, 6:00-8:30 PM at FVTC, Chilton Regional Center, Room 126, September 12-November 28.
Classes fill up quickly so reserve your spot today! (Preregistration is required). Register above, call 920-954-1550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at namifoxvalley.org for more information about our support groups and education and outreach programs.