Heritage Sunday, October 28
Our celebration on Heritage Sunday, October 28, will be a celebration of their faithfulness and the blessings we have received.
Fifty years ago, the congregation began their morning worship in the old red church building on Oneida Street and then walked over to E. South River Street to continue their worship in the new building. In recognition of that special day 50 years ago, we will begin our Heritage Sunday celebration with *breakfast and a special program in the ballroom of the Paper Valley Hotel at 8:30 AM and then walk (or travel by shuttle bus) to our church for the 10:30 AM service.
There are so many special things happening on October 28:
- *Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM at the Paper Valley Hotel with a free-will offering;
- Rev. Don Sevetson, former Associate Pastor and Interim Senior Pastor during the building process 50 years ago, will be our guest speaker at the Paper Valley presentation;
- A 50th Anniversary documentary will be shown featuring interviews with church members and Super 8 film footage of the building of our church;
- Sunday School classes will be held at the Paper Valley after the children have enjoyed breakfast with all of us;
- A shuttle bus will be available at 8:00 AM from the church parking lot to the hotel and, after the presentation, from the hotel back to church;
- Our 10:30 AM worship service will feature the Lawrence University (LU) Brass, LU Scholars and our Sanctuary Choir providing special music;
- Rev. Jane Anderson, our former Pastor for Congregational Life and Associate Conference Minister, will be our guest preacher;
- After the children’s sermon at church, there will be a special program for children in the church theater. Child care will be provided for the 10:30 AM service.
*The buffet-style breakfast includes: orange juice, fluffy scrambled eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, homemade cinnamon, French Toast with hot maple syrup, and much more!
We need to have a count of people attending the breakfast at the Paper Valley Hotel.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, October 23, one of the following ways:
- Event registration through Realm
- Sign-up sheet in the Narthex
- Calling the church office (920) 733-7393
- Returning the reply card