Offering Received through April 2019
The 2019 One Great Hour of Sharing Special Offering’s theme is “More than we can imagine!”
It is based on Ephesians 3:20, and reminds us that we are not alone in our imagining a better world for all of God’s children. God imagines a world where:
- No one is left to face the ravages of natural disaster alone – neighbor helps neighbor, stranger helps stranger – for we are the church together,
- Even if things will never quite be the same after a disaster, God can work through all events to bring new life, new hope, and even more resilience,
- Clean and abundant water and ample sanitation facilities are available to every person,
- Work brings security from hunger and the land is treated with respect,
- Families displaced from their homes can build new lives,
- Women are no longer subject to discrimination and gender-based violence.
God also imagines Christians of many traditions, coming together to help make these things ever more a reality for more and more people!
For you see, our imagination of what might be is founded and grounded in what God envisions and hopes for.
Please, give generously to the One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS) special offering, so that your imagination might indeed be ever more joined with God’s!
Donations will be received through April 28. Envelopes are available in the pews, or you may contribute via Realm.