First Congo will once again participate in the E2F (Empty to Full) Pans Project to allow members to prepare food in their own home for Pillars Adult & Family Shelter.
Empty pans will be distributed to willing churchgoers. The pans will contain the recipe and shopping list to prepare and fill the empty pan with lasagna or a comparable dish.
- Pick up an empty pan on November 17
- Follow the simple grocery list and purchase the ingredients to make the dish (Approx. $13.00)
- During the week prepare the simple recipe (no cooking noodles required) and fill the pan.
- Place the prepared pan in your freezer if possible (refrigerator is OK, too)
- Bring the prepared pan with you to church on Sunday, November 24
- Enjoy the great feeling of using your gifts to nourish others
*Note: If you’re unable to bring the pan back on November 24, please try to bring it back the week before. It can be placed in the lower level kitchen freezer. Getting all the pans collected at the same time makes it easier for transport and storage.