Dear members and friends of First Congo,
Grace and peace to you in these unsettled and uncertain times. We send God’s blessing of health and hope to each of you. Please know that your church is working hard to adjust to the need to make difficult decisions for the sake of public health and to temporarily change some of the ways we are doing ministry in order to extend our reach even in the midst of social isolation. So we are writing you to let you know of some of the changes we are making.
For the safety and well-being of our church staff, members, friends, and our community, the church building will be officially closed until further notice. Per CDC recommendations, effective immediately, no gatherings, meetings or activities will be held here at the church. Please know, however, that our ministry remains open and available to you.
- The church staff and pastors can continue to be contacted via email.
- Emergency appointments can be made via phone or email. The office will be staffed Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM and will answer the main office phone (920) 733-7393.
- We will live-stream our worship service on Sunday morning at 9:30 am.
- There will be an online prayer chapel service held at noon daily (Monday through Friday) via Facebook live.
- We will expand our ‘snail’ mail outreach to our church children, to our homebound members, and to other members who do not have access to the internet. (If you are interested in helping in that outreach, let the church office know!)
- Church Teams and Staff will continue to meet through Go To Meeting video/teleconferences.
- Look for upcoming adult study events offered online.
- And please be attentive to any further changes as we better understand the community’s needs and where we can reach out in mission during this health crisis.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the church through these difficult times. If you are not yet an auto giver, you can still make contributions to the church by mailing in your checks or by texting FCUCC GIVE to 73256.
May God bless us as we reach out in Christ’s love to one another and to our community.