School has started for most and whether you’re in a building or learning from home, it’s kinda nice to have some things back to “normal.” This program year will be a little different than ever before, even so, I am really excited to get back to “normal” by sharing in our Faith, Fellowship, and Fun together again.
There will be lots of opportunities to meet God and build your relationship with Jesus right from where you are. We will also have some times that we can join together in person to share in Christian Fellowship too.
A couple changes and updates first…
Confirmation: We will not be having a new confirmation class starting this year. Pastor Nick will be out of office until late-October and we would like to be able to give our full attention and programming focus to the confirmands to give as personal an experience as possible. The plan right now is to have a “Super” class next year with Freshmen and Sophomores.
Mission Trip: We are still waiting on airline refunds from our Costa Rica trip but our hope is to refund as much as possible to all participants and you’ll still receive your t-shirt and water bottle! There will likely not be an out of area Mission Trip next summer, but we do hope to offer something more local…details to come.
Building Closure: Our building will remain closed to groups for right now and this will be revisited throughout the year as circumstances change. For the rest of 2020 I am planning on virtual programming with monthly in person opportunities in the community for those that feel comfortable with this.
Registration: It will be more important than ever to make sure you are registered for programming and events so that we can plan accordingly and have enough resources prepared. Also, we don’t want to unnecessarily burden your email. With just about everything going virtual, we want to make sure that those that want materials will get them. Please visit us on line or reach out to Jennifer DeWitt [email protected] for Registration materials.
Sunday Service Opportunities for First Congo Youth
- Youth Prayer Video: Let me know if you are interested in reading and recording a youth prayer to be shared at the beginning of Service. Prayers sent out Tuesdays and videos due Thursdays
- Song Leader: If you like to sing, think about being a song leader for service. Reach out to John Albrecht [email protected] for more information.
- Special Music: Do you have a musical talent you would like to share during service? Instrumentals and signing welcome. Reach out to John Albrecht [email protected] for more information.
Bible Study Opportunities
- Sunday September 13, Packet Pick Up 11:00 AM- Noon- During drive thru Communion you can pick up a Youth Packet that will have a Welcome Back Gift, Calendar for the month, Registration Materials, Weekly Bible Studies and Devotions for the month and a Thank You Card Service Project you can do from home.
- Wednesdays September 16, 23, 30 Video Presentation- I will be recording a visual version of our Bible Study and Devotion Wednesdays at 10AM and emailing them out at 4PM those days.
- Thursdays 6:00 PM- 7:00 PM September 17, 24 Zoom Youth Group- Join me for a time of sharing joys and concerns, discussing the bible study and devotion for the week and enjoying fellowship.
- Wednesday September 23 6:00 PM- 7:00PM Animal Blessing Service- Join Pastor Diane Droster for this all ages drive through event in the Church parking lot to bless your pet.
- Saturday September 26 7:00 AM- 9:00 PM Pillars Breakfast- Join me to cook and serve breakfast for the Pillars Family Center. If you stay for the park hangout we’ll walk to Arbutus Park afterward. (Registration materials and Permission Slip Attached)
- Saturday September 26 10:00 AM- Noon Fun and Fellowship Arbutus Park Hangout- Join us at Arbutus Park for a morning of games, fellowship, prepackaged breakfast, and fun. Youth need to bring a permission slip, their own mask, a chair or blanket and have transportation.
Coming up for October
- Oct. 4 11:00 AM- Noon Drive Thru Communion and Youth Packet Pick Up
- Oct. 7, 14, 28 Weekly Bible Study and Devotional Video
- Oct. 1, 8, 15, 29 Zoom Youth Group
- Oct. 17 10:00 AM- Noon Fun and Fellowship Youth Hangout Jaycee Park- Whiffle Ball, Basketball, and Prepackaged Breakfast
With God’s grace and great enthusiasm,
Renee Taylor, Director of Youth Ministries