Youth Service Trip
Location: Logan, West Virginia With YouthWorks
June 12-17/18/19 2022 (Dates are +/- 1 day TBA)
Registration: Opens October 13th
Every year FCUCC offers a High School Youth Service Trip. A small group of High School Student Leaders has been regularly meeting to plan an awesome and impactful service trip. For summer 2022, we will partner with YouthWorks who has a long standing community partnership in Logan, West Virginia. Youth will work alongside local leaders to meet the physical and spiritual needs of families through meaningful work projects with homeowners and through teaching and playing with children at a day camp. Engage in local worship in the evenings and also small group time. There may be other churches from around the country serving alongside us and we get to learn and grow with them. We are working on our travel itinerary right now and more info will come!
About Logan, WV
Your group will have the opportunity to spend significant time building relationships in Logan by working at the same service site all week. The YouthWorks Kids Club in Logan meets a real need in the community, as there are not many options for kids during the summer months. YouthWorks service projects in Logan include minor home repair, painting and yard work. In the evenings you will visit Chief Logan State Park. YouthWorks has partnered with this community since 2002.
What We Will Do
- Serve through painting, cleaning, helping with yard work or doing other simple work projects.
- Plan and lead children’s programming, including Bible lessons, games, crafts and reading activities.
- Note that Kids Club may not start until mid-June.
- Because of the relational nature of these projects, students will remain at the same service sites through the week.
– General Info Meeting: Wednesday, October 13, 6:30-7:30 PM in Fellowship Hall (Adult Mentors, Parents & Youth invited to attend)
– Mandatory Meeting for everyone attending: Wednesday, January 26, 6:30-7:30 PM in Fellowship Hall (Adult Mentors, Parents & Youth must attend)
Every year we have a variety of fundraising efforts to defray the cost of the mission trip. A key to our success will be the participation in the spring youth “Stock Sales” that our church has so generously supported in the past. Fundraising proceeds are evenly split between those students who participate in fundraising. The final trip cost will be determined after our spring fundraising is finished. Our financial goal for this trip for those who participate in both fundraisers, is to be under $500. We cannot give a final cost until May, once all fundraising is finished.
Eligibility and Registration
All incoming ninth graders through graduating seniors in 2022 are eligible to travel with us. We will also be accepting applications for a limited number of young adult mentors and adult mentors (see forms below). Join us for this life-changing opportunity! To complete your reservation, please return the permission and expectations forms below along with a $250 non-refundable deposit (payable to First Congregational Church with HS Youth Mission/student’s name in Memo line) to the church office.
Young Adult and Parent Mentor Applications
Responsibilities for each of these mentor roles are outlined on the respective application forms. The Youth Mission Team will review all applications as they arrive and notify you when any decision has been made.
Stay Up to Date
Sign up for the High School Newsletter to get updates on the 2022 youth mission trip as well as all high school ministry happenings.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Consider volunteering for our fundraising efforts.
- Join us for the Youth Mission Commissioning on June 14.
- Become a “Stockholder” by purchasing “stock” during our April and May sales. Proceeds directly go to offset trip costs.
- Pray for us!
If you have any questions feel free to contact Pastor Nick